An exciting opportunity exists for the right candidate to work with us as an Activity Coordinator at our new luxury care home in Hereford.
The home is currently under construction, the marketing suite is now open and the home will be open to residents in July. The home will have 70 suites and will offer the very best care and service for elderly people.
We are looking for an Experienced Activities Coordinator to join our team to ensure that we maintain the very best standards throughout our home.
- To Facilitate residents to socialise and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes
- To Plan and initiate monthly rolling programmes and encourage the residents to maintain existing hobbies.
- To Encourage staff, relatives and friends to participate in activities.
- To Organise and accompany residents to offsite activities, which may occasionally take place out of normal working hours
- Help to create an atmosphere that suits individual residents
- Maintain full and accurate records of daily activities
- Provide comfort and company, on a one to one basis, for residents who are unable to undertake any form of activity.
- Plan and facilitate a 7-day activity programme for residents
- Assist the development of the philosophy, goals and objectives for the activities practice.
- Assist the assessment of the effectiveness of activities implementation and delivery.
- Implement actions to meet and maintain activities standards.
- Work in cooperation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams to maximise opportunities for Resident’s therapeutic care.
- Ensure that Residents rights are respected and protected.
- Encourage innovative methods for the delivery of activities.
- Encourage health promotion within activities strategies.
- experience of working as an Activity coordinator within a care establishment
- Passionate about making a difference to an individual’s day to day life.
- Reliable and have a flexible approach
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Warm and friendly disposition
Part time or full time will be considered – this role includes weekend working,
If you feel you have the skills and attributes that we are looking for please do get in contact.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Application Questions You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of care home experience do you have?
- Are you in Hereford.
Due to expansion of our Catering Team we need to recruit a Kitchen Assistant.
To assist with the provision of a comprehensive catering service for all residents, employees and visitors to the care home.
Maintain a clean, safe working environment in accordance with agreed standards, legislative requirements, relevant regulations, in line with accepted best practice and within the financial plans agreed. To actively participate within your role in a service that is safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
- To assist in the preparation of meals and drinks.
- To clean crockery, cutlery, utensils, containers and small scale equipment manually and through machine.
- To clean floors, work surfaces, furnishings and related equipment manually and by use of machine.
- To ensure that proper standards of cleanliness are maintained, to exercise due diligence regarding food safety and to ensure that hygiene and food handling regulations are strictly adhered to at all times.
- To comply with the requirements of HACCP and ensure that all daily, weekly and monthly records are kept as required.
- To ensure adequate and safe storage of all kitchen provisions and equipment.
- To comply with regulations in respect of Health and Safety at work, COSHH, Environmental Health and Fire Procedures.
- To promptly report all mechanical defects and hazards to the Head Chef.
- Support the implementation, orientation and induction of new employees.
- Be responsible for developing own skills and knowledge and contribute to the development of others.
- Attendance at specialist equipment training is mandatory.
- Comply with Dormy’s dress code whilst on duty.
- Be responsible for the health and safety of yourself, other staff, residents and visitors under the Health and Safety regulations. Report any hazards or potential hazards to the person in charge or take other appropriate action.
- Adhere to all of Dormy policies & procedures.