An exciting opportunity exists for the right candidate to work with us as a Catering Assistant in our new luxury care home in Hereford. Brockington House has 70 suites and offers the very best care and service for elderly people. If you are compassionate and caring, if you’re not afraid of hard work, and if you enjoy making a difference to people’s quality of life, you might just be the person we’re looking for. Our home provides exceptional levels of care in an all-inclusive, luxury environment. Our focus is on creating a home-from-home for our Ladies and Gentleman, offering outstanding accommodation and superb facilities. Key Duties:
- Food Preparation. To assist with the preparation of food, drinks, snacks and specialized diets under the direction of the chef and in a safe and compliant manner.
- To assist with service of meals, drinks and snacks in a friendly and professional manner and to be courteous to all residents, guests and fellow employees at all time.
- To keep the main kitchen, satellite kitchens and all food service areas clean and hygienic in accordance with the cleaning schedules provided. This includes floors, work surfaces, furnishings and equipment.
- To clean crockery, cutlery, utensils, containers and related equipment manually and by use of industrial dishwasher to ensure sanitization.
- To undertake all legislative and mandatory training relevant to the role. This will be provided, however you will be responsible for keeping your e-learning and reading of company policies and procedures up to date.
- Uniforms will be provided and you will be expected to follow Dormy Care Communities dress code at all times.
- Adhere to the Protection of vulnerable adults and Whistle blowing policy.
- To comply with the regulations of HACCP. These include the following:
- To exercise due diligence regarding food safety and ensure that hygiene and food handling regulations are adhered to at all times.
- To maintain a high standard of personal hygiene in accordance with the document: Responsibility of all food handlers.
- To ensure that deliveries are received correctly, recorded and stored timeously and correctly.
- To ensure that all food is prepared in line with the food safety manual.
- To ensure that all daily, weekly and monthly records are kept in line with food safety legislation and company policies and procedures.
- To promptly report any mechanical defects, hazards including potential pests to the head chef.
- catering: 1 year (Preferred)
An exciting opportunity exists for the right candidate to work with us at our new luxury care home in Hereford, Brockington House. The home has 70 suites and offers the very best care and services for elderly people who have chosen to reside with us.
- To assist the head chef to provide a comprehensive and quality catering service for all residents and guests to the care home.
- To support the head chef in controlling and directing food preparation and presentation processes.To assist in the construction of menus that are varied, based on a 4-week planning cycle and that meet the differing nutritional requirements of residents and budgetary requirements.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment in accordance with agreed standards, legislative requirements, relevant regulations, in line with accepted best practice and within the financial plans agreed.
- To be passionate, caring, motivated and dedicated.
- To prepare, cook and present meals for residents, employees and visitors.
- To assist in devising and maintaining seasonal cyclical menus to provide choice for our Ladies and Gentlemen within an agreed budget.
- To ensure dietary needs and preferences of residents are met. To interact with residents and their families in order to achieve this.
- To ensure that proper standards of cleanliness are maintained, to exercise due diligence regarding food safety and to ensure that hygiene and food handling regulations are strictly adhered to at all times.
- To ensure adequate and safe storage of all kitchen provisions and equipment.
- To comply with the requirements of HACCP and ensure that all daily, weekly and monthly records are kept as required. To have knowledge of the Food Safety Manual and adhere accordingly.
- To comply with the Dormy Care Communities Kitchen cleaning Schedule.
- To promptly report all mechanical defects and hazards to the Head Chef
- Support the implementation, orientation and induction of new employees.
- Be responsible for developing own skills and knowledge and contribute to the development of others.
- Attend all statutory and mandatory training sessions, to comply with professional/legislative requirements.
- Comply withDormy Care dress code whilst on duty.
- Make a difference to the lives of older people and adults with a disability. Residents will be encouraged to maintain independence and choice in a homely environment.
- Show courtesy and respect to residents and relatives and retain the confidentiality of residents and their families at all times.
- Greet all visitors in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner and promote Dormy Care Communities and the post-holders home in particular, positively in the local community.
- Maintain good working relations with all colleagues at all times. In order that the Company may maintain a positive environment, employees are required not to engage in or permit any fellow employee to engage in any unlawful discrimination against employees, residents or relatives.
- Attend and participate in training sessions and staff and relatives meetings as and when required.
- Be aware of and at all times comply with all company rules, policies and procedures, including the statutory requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act, Care Standards Act and the relevant Regulations.
- 2 years experience of catering in a similar environment
- Can demonstrate an understanding of specialist dietary needs of residents
- Level 2 in food hygiene (essential)
- Level 3 in food hygiene (desirable)
- 706-1 or Level 3 in cooking (desirable)
- Effective communicator
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Team worker
- Flexible approach to working
- Supportive of staff
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Demonstrates understanding of religious, cultural and medical needs of residents and how these may influence the work of the Kitchen